用英语说中国寓言:To Go South by Driving the Chariot Northward南辕北辙(中英)

❖ 来源:不详 ❖ 作者:未知 我要纠错 收藏本文 复制链接 0

The story in strategics of the Warring States·Anecdotes of Wei State says:

故事出自《战国策》卷二十叫《魏策》,大意是说:

A northerner intended to travel to Chu.

有个北方人想到楚国去.

He started his journey on horseback at the foot of the Tai Hang Mountain and intended to take a way leading io north.

但他却向北面赶他的车,沿着一条通向北方的大道奔驰。

His friend was very surprised so he asked :

一个朋友觉得很奇怪,问他:

“ Chu is situated in the south,

“楚国是在南方,

why you northward instead of southward?”

你怎么沿着通向北方的大路前进呢?”

"Never mind" ,

“没关系,”

the northerner replied obstinately,

那个北方人固执的回答,

“my horse is a good steed. It runs very fast. ”

“我的马是匹骏马,它跑得很快。”

"No matter how fast it runs, " said his friend, "you can never reach Chu by going northward. ”

他朋友说:“你的马无论跑多快,你向北方走总是到不了楚国的。”

“I have prepared sufficient travelling expenses. ” replied the traveler.

那北方人说:“我已经准备了足够的旅费:”

“Sufficient money can help you neither.”continued his friend.

他朋友说:“充分的旅费也无济于事。”

“Well,” answered man still obstinately, "I have a strong and capable groom at my service. ”

那北方人说:“我有个很健壮能干的马夫帮我,”

" No groom, how capable and strong he may be, can be of any use to you if you stick to going northward.”concluded his friend.

他朋友说:“如果你坚持向北方走,虽然有能干强壮的马夫,也是没用的。”

The northerner did not listen to his friend, so he never reached Chu.

那北方人没有听他朋友的劝告,所以他也始终没有到达楚国。

  • 关键字:
友友评论:
内容相关随机推荐:
    暂无相关信息!
站点资源 三思英语 版权所有 翻版必究
蜀ICP备09034711号-7 中国 · 四川 · 万源 浏览建议设置:1400*1050
Copyright © 2022 www.34en.com All Rights Reserved.
{KS_统计系统}